Swimming in the lake, cruising on a boat, playing volleyball or the French “Pétanque” during a sunny day… Whatever the weather, you will be able to stay busy or relax during your holidays!
You can access the lake directly from the campsite (direct access around 250 m from the front desk). The Annecy lake water, which can reach 26°C at the peak of the summer, makes all the swimmers very happy. The visitors will have the opportunity to choose to practice several water activities such as water skiing, paddling, sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc.
You can also discover the lake by enjoying a boat. You will have several options to enjoy a boat ride: you can simply use the taxi boats “Omnibus” to go from a place to another or have a dinner on the Libellule, managed by la compagnie des bateaux or simply rent your own boat.
Our campsite is next to the bicycle path which goes all around the lake (approximately 42km) or you can follow ‘la voie verte’ (approximately 35km) up to Ugine. With a wonderful view, this cycle path is one of the most beautiful one to ride in France.
Relatively flat (only 150m of vertical drop), this path dedicated to bicycles, rollers and runners, is easily accessible and can be a great fit for a family as well as the advanced sport men and women.
This could be the perfect opportunity to discover the incredible surroundings as well as the local wonders.
Our campsite is 8km from Annecy city centre. You can easily access Annecy by bus, bike, boat or car.
Discover Annecy, the Alps Little Venice, which features an old town with colorful pedestrian streets, canals and many markets with local products. In addition to the picturesque centre, you will be able to discover its rich heritage such as the Palais de l’Ile, its castle and its old prisons.
You can also take advantage of the city by strolling along the quays, crossing the ‘Jardin de l’Europe’ or stopping for a few moments on the bridge: le Pont des Amours.
Active adults & Thrill seekers
Annecy is a wonderful playground for all active adults.
You can do many water activities such as: sailing, stand up paddle, water skiing, wakeboarding, scuba diving, etc.
You could also try: an helicopter ride above the Mont Blanc, sky diving, ballooning, activities are available for all types, give it a try and take home some amazing ‘souvenirs’!
From golfing to via ferrata, and climbing… Take a deep breath of outdoor oxygen and practice outdoor activities!
Culture & History
Culture and history lovers will not be left aside. Our local heritage is rich and complex. The cultural activities are multiple, you could for instance visit:
- Museums : Musées du film d’animation, de la Cloche Paccard, du Costume savoyard, des Papillons et des Insectes
- The ‘Conservatoire d’Art et d’Histoire’
- Castles : Châteaux de la route des Ducs de Savoie : Annecy, Menthon-Saint-Bernard, Montrottier, Thorens and Clermont
- The ‘Basilique de la Visitation’
Having a family walk, going hiking or running on a stiff slope, Annecy is surrounded from all angles by natural beauties: le Mont Veyrier, la Tournette, les Dents de Lanfon, la boucle du Laudon, la Montagne du Taillefer, le plateau du Semnoz…
The area also has several classified and preserved natural sites:
- Roc de Chère, Col de la Forclaz…
- Gorges du Fier, Grotte et Cascade de Seythenex, Cascade d’Angon…
- Plateau des Glières, Réserve naturelle du Bout du Lac, Jardins Secrets…
- And the amazing ‘‘Vallée de Chamonix’’
The village of Saint-Jorioz offers several activities, restaurants and local shops:
- Large beach of white sand and grass, ideal for families
- Path « les Roselières » close to the lake
- Wakeboard, wake surf, water ski, pedalo, canoe, kayak and paddle (300 m)
- La crique & criq’parc (recreation parc 150m)
- Horse riding (2 km)
- Fishing, mini-golf, snooker, bowling (5 km)
- Market : every Thursday morning